Here at the Sydney Hotshots HQ, we all know that helping your best friend plan a wedding can be super challenging, confusing and stressful at best. So we thought of a few top tips on what you can do to make sure the day is a huge success and as smooth-flowing as possible, and of course ways to make sure your friendship with the bride doesn’t end up strained.
- Get organised.
Ladies, she’s chosen you to be her maid of honour for a reason – and whether that may be because you’re her closest friend or the best party planner, you should accept it and take it as a huge compliment to yourself. But as they all say, with great power comes great responsibility, so its essential to be on top of your game from the start of wedding planning, from start to finish.
- Get yourself a day planner and a calendar dedicated only to wedding planning. This will help you visualize your daily tasks and assign them to different times and days. It’s a great way to avoid silly mistakes and miss deadlines.
- Post-it notes are saviours – using them around your house and on your mirrors are a great idea to keep to deadlines and remind yourself of important tasks.
2. Accompany the bride to every appointment.
We all know that girls are fussy and indecisive, and half the time we can’t even decide where to eat for dinner, let alone decide on a venue for the most important day of her life! She needs a second opinion for everything, so one of the best things you could do as a maid of honour is to make sure she gets that!
3. Never bitch to the bride.
The last thing she needs before her special day is added stress, so make sure you keep it all to yourself when it comes to matters of silly politics and bitchiness with the other bridesmaids. It’s best to also keep things like the expenses and how time-consuming it is to yourself, or if you really need to, vent to someone who doesn’t know the bride.
4. Say yes to the dress!
As a maid of honour, your taste in fashion is valued but at the end of the day it isn’t your special day so say “yes!” to whichever dress the bride chooses for the bridesmaid dresses! Even if you don’t like it, remember it’s just a dress, and you only have to wear it for one day. 🙂
5. Plan an epic hens night bash!
Ahh yes, the best part. The maid of honour’s best, and possibly most grueling task of them all. Making sure your bride and bridal party have the best night can be difficult, but if you do it with the Sydney Hotshots, you’ll be set and all good to go!
- Depending on where you live, the Sydney Hotshots are a touring male revue show so you can jump on our tour dates here and plan the hens night in advance!
- For the Sydney-siders, we have the perfect options for you. Our hens night cruise is super popular for those balmy summer nights but if you’re looking for a male revue show (Magic Mike style), our Vegas Lounge option is perfect for you. Situated in Kings Cross, you have 3 different package options; $30 show only, $40 VIP and $75 VIP dinner & show package to choose from to suit your night perfectly.
- We’ve got topless waiters, performers, a DJ and a bar right next to the show area – it’s the perfect situation for a hens party! You’ll definitely be voted as best maid of honour ever for booking with the Sydney Hotshots. For more information head to our Vegas Lounge info page.